The Division’s primary responsibility is to conduct follow-up investigations of crimes. Additional responsibilities include receipt, tracking and safeguarding of all evidence and found property. They are available to assist the patrol deputies with more complex investigations and help with major cases and crime scene processing
The Investigations Division is tasked with the following types of investigations:
- Crimes Against Persons Investigations – investigate felony crimes against persons, as well as crimes involving juveniles.
- Crimes Against Property Investigations – investigate business, residential, and vehicle burglaries.
- Technical and Financial Crimes Investigations – investigate computer crimes, as well as fraud and financial crimes
- Crime Scene Investigations –investigate and process all major crime scenes to include arson.
- Evidence – Detectives are responsible for the safekeeping and tracking of all evidence and found property taken into custody by department personnel.