826 N. Franklin St., Junction City, KS 66441

Records, Reports, Fees & Services









Photo: Milford Lake in Geary County, KS

Records Division


We are tasked with the daily processing of all the reports and correspondence created by sworn members of the Sheriff’s Office. We are also tasked with the data entry of all information into the Agency’s database. This information is obtained from the reports generated by the officers during the course of their investigations.

We also provide support services with many outside agencies such as the Junction City Police Department, Grandview Plaza Police Department, Geary County Attorney’s Office, Kansas Highway Patrol and Kansas Bureau of Investigation, to name a few. The personnel of this division are also tasked with insuring the reporting of criminal statistics and accident statistics to state and federal agencies as required.

Geary County Sheriff’s Office does NOT accept record requests, or disseminate records via email. 

SDS Shy Bryant

Records P.O.C

Office: 785-238-2261
Fax:  785-762-5085

Reports, Fees & Services

V.I.N Inspections

Beginning April 19, 2021, V.I.N. Inspections will be processed at the Geary County Sheriff’s Office located at 826 N. Franklin St., Junction City, KS 66441, Monday – Friday (8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)

V.I.N. Inspections

  • Required on all vehicles being registered in Kansas that currently have out-of-state registration.
  • V.I.N. Inspections are performed Monday – Friday (8:00 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
  • You must have the vehicle, Title, a valid Driver’s License & $20.00 cash.

For questions or further information call 785-210-3679

Other Services

The following services are provided at Geary County Sheriff’s Office Monday-Friday 8am-4pm (unless otherwise noted below – see Fingerprints).

Location / Mailing Address:
826 N. Franklin Street, Junction City, KS 66441
(Entrance on 9th street.)

  • Criminal Report $10.00 (Public Access Pages Only)
  • Traffic Accident Report $10.00
  • Fingerprints $20.00 (8am-12noon, 1pm-4pm)

Criminal History Record Info

It is Geary County Sheriff’s Office policy to refer:

(CHRI) Criminal History Record Information check requests, except those that are otherwise authorized by state and federal law, to the KBI (Kansas Bureau of Investigation).

Those that are otherwise authorized by state and federal law may submit requests by fax on agency letterhead. Contractors must include waiver of release and $10 by mail.  By law, criminal history record information (CHRI) is not subject to the Kansas Open Records Act (KORA).  Kansas CHRI checks are fee-based and may be performed by contacting the Kansas Bureau of Investigation (KBI) Records Management Section: KBI Criminal History Request

Kansas Bureau of Investigation
Attn: Records Management Section
1620 SW Tyler
Topeka, KS 66612-1837

Phone: 785-296-2454
Email: record_check@kbi.state.ks.us

Criminal Investigation Records

Generally speaking the following types of records – among others – are protected from disclosure pursuant to (KORA):

Criminal Investigation records

  • Criminal intelligence information
  • Laboratory reports and files
  • Information that would reveal the identity of an undercover agent or informant
  • Records protected by the attorney-client privilege
  • Most personnel records
  • Records closed by the rules of evidence
  • Notes and preliminary drafts
  • Medical records
  • Records containing information of a personal nature
  • Standard arrest reports (SARs) and standard offense reports (SORs)-SARs are not subject to disclosure and only the first page of a SOR may be obtained through the local law enforcement agency that filed the report.

Looking For Info about Civil Process Procedures?